Decide if a button is the right control to use. Do not use a button:
- To initiate an immediate action.
- To navigate to another page, window, or Help topic. (Exception: Wizard navigation uses Back and Next command buttons.)
- If the command is embedded in a body of text.
- If the command is secondary in nature. That is, it does not relate to the primary purpose of the window. In this case, either a lightweight command button or link would be appropriate.
- If the command is part of a menu or group of related links.
- If the label is lengthy, consisting of five or more words, thus giving a command button an awkward appearance.
Find an Event Submit button