Node graphic icons
Design Elements: Visual Identity
Our photography is thoughtful, warm and rich – without being overly dark. The goal is to achieve a high-end magazine quality, both in original shots and with the stock imagery we choose.
All of our photography should feel like a series being shot by the same photographer. Shots should be authentic, artful and lit with natural light whenever possible. Avoid images that have a typical stock image look and feel.
All original photography should be photographed in Ontario. Use Ontario images by Ontario photographers only. You may also request access to the MEDG database of approved images from the Web team.
Our portraits should be friendly and inviting. They can either be candid or staged moments set in the subject’s work environment. Ensure that our portraits bring out the personality and character of the subject. The best editorial portrait shots are ones where a connection between the subject and photographer has been made — the camera should act as a window, not a barrier.
Content type: Thumbnail More information needed. InvestinOntario.com provides you with the option to add a thumbnail preview to your content types. Talk about style and Settings needed in layout to display your content type preview.
Explanation of dynamic fluid properties of structures regarding screen size responsivity. Max-Min width size data-target attributes used to trigger the modal.
Follow these basic principles when adding copy to videos.
- Follow the typography rules around headlines and subheads in these guidelines for any copy appearing on screen during a video.
- Ensure that all screen copy complies with AODA requirements, see section 11.0 AODA Compliance on page 86
- for details. The following elements are required when designing end slates for videos.
- Use a black background –R0, G0, B0.
- Use the appropriate logo language version.
- Implement a URL or CTA when you want to direct the viewer to do something after they watch
- the video.
- If the video is going to be used as part of paid advertising, follow the guidelines regarding the Ontario logo and disclaimer (see 2.11 Ontario logo on page 20).
Videos and slides
If you would like to add a video to the section, add a new child page under the most appropriate topic below, after reading at least the Policies section of the Contribute your own Drupal Videocast page.
If you want to create a page to describe your video repository, add it to the Video Repositories section. More info needed for Video Rules InvestinOntario.ca
List of all available image formats. All formats currently being used, and for our future use are listed here.
- Standard for Vector art. (XML)-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics. Drupal 8 requires a plugin for use. See more about using an SVG as an object
- Google's lossy and lossless compression image format. It is currently not in use, Explorer and Safari do not support it. Should be replacment for jpg images. Read more
- Standard for Raster images. The file format is actually JFIF (JPEG File Interchange Format). JPEG is a compression method for JFIF and TIFF files.
- Raster file format for use when using any pixel based transparent backgrounds